· Develops, initiates, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program.
· Manages day to day operations of the Compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
· Investigates violations of state, federal, and agency laws, rules, and polices.
· Prepares and maintains detailed confidential reports and summaries of investigations/inspections.
· Collaborates with other individuals (Executive Director, Legal Counsel, Chairman of the Board and Board Members) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
· Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluation or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
· Ensures that investigations follow the approved process, are lawfully and objectively conducted, are thorough in gathering all material facts to present concise, and factual reports that enable fair and relevant decisions to be made.
· Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriate evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
· Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep Legal Counsel and the Board informed of the operation and progress of compliance issues.
· Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
· Interacts with the Board, licensees, and a wide range of members of the public to define, advance, and assess the work of the Board’s office to ensure continued effectiveness and success.
· Assists the Executive Director with correspondence dealing with issues and subject matters in ways that require considerable sensitivity, discretion, judgment and negotiation.
· Plans, manages, and coordinates or assists in the planning, managing and coordinating all events and activities of the Board’s Office, including arranging details, coordinating attendance of all participants, anticipating and resolving technical issues, and preparing materials for distribution internally and externally.
· Effectively composes a wide range of correspondence for distribution internally and externally.
· Manages and/or assists in the management of the Licensee Health Monitoring Policy in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Board.
· Creates and maintains databases and files for all correspondence and documents within the Office of the Board.
· Conducts and/or assists in the investigation of complaints, including, the reviewing of complaints filled with the Board, reviewing of medical records, reviewing of employment records and in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board counsel, and preparing reports and recommendations to the Board.
· Reviews all applications for licensure for completion and ensures applicants compliance with licensure requirements as set forth in Practice Act and Rules and Regulations of the Board.
· Performs and/or assists in the performance of annual audits of licensees to ensure compliance with the Practice Act and Rules and Regulations of the Board.
· Assumes responsibilities for other assignments as requested by the Executive Director.