Job Summary: Functions within the Imaging Department and interacts with customers.
Essential Job Functions: - Greets customers upon arrival to the Imaging/Cardiology departments.
- Enters and retrieves information from the HIS and PACs - Collects co-pays as appropriate
- Utilizes all available safeguards to protect patient safety and security; confidentiality of patient health information
- Assists in onboarding and training of new staff.
- Check patients in to the HIS and completes registrations - Collects and evaluates paperwork for accuracy and completeness; including scripts, insurance cards, photo identification, etc.
- Work with other hospital departments and ordering providers offices to ensure complete and accurate paperwork.
- Prepare and present the paperwork for clinical procedures done in Imaging/Cardiology.
Works closely with clinical staff to provide patients with screening and procedure education.
- Monitors PACs for STAT wet readings (preliminary reports) and Critical Findings and facilitates the communication of results.
- Documents communications and follows up with any additional information to the requesting provider or the reading radiologist.
- Performs office tasks include copying, scanning, printing, answering phone calls, general filing, maintaining supplies, etc.
- Reports wrong doing or the potential for wrong doing immediately to the manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Licenses: None required.
Experience: Prior experience in medical office setting preferred.
Work Schedule: Hours vary; includes weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Requires lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands (computer keyboards, phone/fax, copier, etc.).
- Reaching, stooping and bending.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift twenty pounds. Performance Requirements:
- Ability to o Perform work accurately with attention to detail within specified times. o Handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in the workload. o Work independently with minimal direct supervision. o Set priorities and problem solve. o Communicate effectively (verbal and written). o Organize work. o Deal with others effectively. o Operate related office equipment, including relevant computer skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Internal Number: JR57652
About ChristianaCare Health System
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.