Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for planning and implementation of group and individual therapy, providing high quality patient care, displaying good psychotherapeutic skills in both group and individual interactions, providing counseling utilizing arts based psychotherapy as well as assessing patients' barriers to independent functioning, formulating diagnostic impressions and treatment plans as part of a multidisciplinary team on an adult inpatient psychiatric unit.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides group and individual psychotherapy utilizing the expressive arts in order to treat, assess and provide diagnostic impressions for patients on all Behavioral Health Units.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary treatment planning sessions. Documents patient progress in chart in a measurable quantifiable manner. Completes Weekly Summary of patient progress in treatment in patient record.
3. Maintains composure and professionalism during difficult situations; Completes work within an acceptable time frame while demonstrating the ability to set priorities and optimally use work time.
4. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions while following established procedures in performing job functions; Consults supervisor for additional assignments or assumes responsibility for unassigned tasks.
5. Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment, fostering a sense of teamwork and collaboration within the department and Hospital.
6. Understands concepts of excellence in customer service and conducts duties in positive, customer-friendly manner to all customers of department, particularly patients, visitors, physicians, and other employees.
7. Assists Expressive Arts Manager with planning of daily and special events, and Expressive Arts programming for all units. Provides feedback to supervisor on an ongoing basis in regards to concerns, improvements, changes, etc. Brings to the Expressive Arts Manager and Clinical Director's attention significant issues related to program functioning.
8. Maintains Expressive Arts supplies and equipment in an orderly and safe manner.
9. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS A master's degree from an accredited college or university in an Expressive Arts Therapy field or a master's degree in a mental health field with additional training in one of the expressive arts therapies (art, music, drama, movement).
Licensed with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as LPC, LMFT, or LCSW or able to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire. Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification and First Aid training. Completion of Seclusion and Restraint, and non-violent crisis intervention courses designated by the hospital upon employment.
Requires Knowledge of: Counseling principles as they apply to working with individuals with mental illness. Counseling needs and characteristics of special populations. Expressive Arts Therapies equipment and the skills and abilities required for participation Individual and group behavior and establishing effective working relationships Clinical documentation of Expressive Arts Therapy and Counseling groups, Assessments, Diagnostic Impressions and Treatment Planning. Applicable County, State, and/or Federal laws, rules, and/or regulations Community resources available for special populations Applications of electronic health information system Requires skills in: Utilizing the Expressive Arts as a counseling tool in psychotherapy for the purpose of assessing, treating and creating diagnostic impressions of patients in individual and groups sessions. Assessing patient needs and developing therapeutic interventions suitable to individual and group interests, needs, and capacities. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others Motivating interest in others to participate in expressive arts interventions Preparing and writing reports Requires ability to: Adhere to the professional Code of Ethics and established UAHN policies and procedures; Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; Positively interact and develop rapport with patients and their families, and all levels of staff; Think critically and solve problems using good judgment; Identify patient needs and develop a relevant treatment plan.
Certification through expressive arts therapies (art, music, drama, movement) national association preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.