Job ID: 1218874
Employment Status: Full-Time
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Picture yourself working with the most advanced film less imaging equipment available; or learning the latest multi-slice CT scanning techniques; or conferring with one of St. Louis' most seasoned surgical team, using the latest in diagnostic tools to help them make life-changing decisions. The Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital pioneered many radiological milestones including work on 3-D treatment planning for cancer, and became the first in Missouri to combine PET and CT scanning. You will be working with an organization on the leading edge of diagnostic radiology. In fact, our radiology department is regarded as one of the top five in the United States, and performs over 453,000 diagnostic imaging examinations annually.
Leads Radiology department in Academic teaching environment and provides strategic guidance for offsite locations (SC, OC, WC). Oversight of daily operations (CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Interventional Radiology), establishes the strategic vision for growth and development of the service line, and in coordination with Washington University School of Medicine leads in the areas of innovation and technical advancement in Radiology services.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Participates in long range planning for the department regarding operations and services, expansion of facilities, and the impact of all services offered by the Radiology department.
- Understands physician expectations and their level of satisfaction with Radiology services.
- Assures delivery of quality services in each department.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Bachelor's Degree- Radiology
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Master's Degree- Business/HC Admin
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer