Position assists office with medical records. Compiles, maintains, copies, retrieves and tracks medical records.
1. Compile and maintain medical files for individual patient
2. Retrieve paper medical records per physician request or in preparation for office visits
3. Track paper medical charts to ensure they are returned to file system.
4. Scan paper charts into EMR system.
5. Review and process requests for medical record information.
6. Answer telephone and assist patients, insurance companies, etc. Notate requested information in EMR.
7. Obtain medical records from other physiciansâ�� offices or hospitals.
8. Release records to physiciansâ�� offices, attorneys, patients and insurance companies in accordance state and HIPAA policies.
9. Coordinate and maintain handicap sticker/decal forms.
10. Complete patient demographic on disability forms and family leave forms. Complete information on Death Certificates. Forward all forms to
appropriate team for physician approval and signature. Scan in all requests for copies of documents for release of information and notate status in EMR.
11. Bill and collect from Insurance companies, attorneysâ�� office for copies of records following Alabama state guidelines.
12. Maintain patient confidentiality
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred with completion billing preferred. Experience: Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in medical office setting
1. Knowledge of document imaging
2. Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
3. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete tasks within compliance of the organization.
Primary Location: Modesto, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.