Department Secretary Same Day Surgery Per Diem Days
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2105033627
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides secretarial and clerical services to managers and staff of assigned department / unit. Prepares correspondence, types, receives and directs patients and visitors, maintains and updates department records, and gathers data and prepares a variety of reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Transcribes written or dictated materials, types correspondence, memos, purchase orders, forms tables, charts, work schedules, and records. Maintains and updates records. Receives and directs patients and visitors. Answers telephone and assists caller appropriately.
2. Maintains departmental and/or supervisor's schedule. Schedules and reschedules appointments, including patient visits, and advises staff or supervisor of change. Makes arrangements for meetings: reserves space, arranges for equipment and refreshments. Coordinates scheduling of meetings and confirms attendance. Prepares and distributes materials needed for meeting. Attends, takes and transcribes minutes. Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and communications for the department.
3. Requests office supplies and small equipment repair and maintenance services. Ensures adequate supplies in office. Operates office equipment.
4. Compiles or assists with compilation of data for regular or special reports 5. Performs specific function unique to the individual department or unit.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in secretarial science. Working knowledge of computers required. Medical terminology required for clinical areas.
2. One year of secretarial experience required.
3. Responsible, organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
4. Self-motivated in a team and individual environment.
5. Comfortable in a high volume, fast pace office.
6. Must have proficient typing and computer skills, such as in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Internet and graphic skills a plus.
7. Excellent oral, written communications and customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.