The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabiltiation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopaedics, peditatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse emloyers in Southeast Michigan.
Under minimal direction, this role uses independent judgment to apply extensive knowledge of human resources performance practices, policies, procedures, and services to support Detroit Medical Center objectives. Ensures that the human resources needs of internal and external customers are met. Enables internal customers to effectively connect people and business strategies. Models customer service and continuous learning to management team. Anticipates opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HR services delivery.
1.Develops positive relationships and partnerships with customers and peers.
2.Generates innovative ideas and applies change best practices to ensure desired impact of key initiatives.
3. Creates a team environment in which information flows freely and decision-making is based on a win-win philosophy.
4.Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of services and processes.
5. Responds to customers needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
6. Demonstrates the ability to determine key needs, diagnose and address problems and monitor progress with important initiatives and activities.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest ethical and professional behavior.
8.Applies accepted research/analysis methodologies in order to gather information, compile data results, interpret data and analyze trends. Utilizes intermediate statistical, mathematical and computer skills in analysis and reporting of data to management or interested parties.
9.Develops, obtains, and/or administers training programs to educate administration, managers, staff and peers on policies, processes, and procedures.
10. Coordinates, implements and administers policies and programs encompassing aspects of HR to include compensation, employee relations, benefits and training.
11. Consults, advises and recommends methods, processes and actions to employees, management and administration concerning employee relations matters.
12.Works closely with Compensation staff in reviewing special compensation requests, including job evaluations, job descriptions and other elements related to job structure.
13. Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands
14. Proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own and others performance and learning.
15.Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of customer organizations.
16. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of DMC. Leadership/Consultant Competencies: Visionary Leadership-Strategic perspective used to guide daily operation
1. Bachelors degree in Human Resources (or related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience as a HR Generalist or experiences in multiple disciplines of HR. Active certification as PHR, SPHR or GPHR preferred. Masters preferred in Human Resources or related field.
2. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible work experience in Human Resources and demonstrated knowledge in all areas of Human Resources. Previous experience in Labor Relations is preferred.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.