Patient Care Advocate – Clinic Practices AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Road Calhoun, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Develops and implements training plans to educate end users for assigned projects.
· Facilitates end-user training programs and ensures proper training material is available and provided prior to and during training.
· Provides medical literature research service to the patient, family or health care provider.
· Engage with payors to negotiate a mutually beneficial solution for the patient.
· Communicates effectively and courteously on the telephone and in person with patients and colleagues. Incorporates excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills; and critical analysis skills.
· Fulfills responsibilities such as: checking on patients and making sure they come to appointments and follow-ups.
· Possess a strong attention to detail, a personal commitment to accuracy and excellence, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated organizational skills.
· Designs/implements gap closure optimization programs or processes.
What You Will Need:
· High school graduate or equivalent required
· Three years of clinical experience required.
· Two or more years of EMR experience required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· CMA - Must be a certified medical assistant through one of the following associations, National Healthcare Association (NHA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
· LPN – Must have an active LPN in the state of Georgia
The Patient Care Advocate position is an outreach position for AdventHealth Medical Group to assess patients who need care for a variety of medical conditions that are identified by data analysis. Chart reviews will be undertaken to determine if patient meets criteria for outreach. Patients will be contacted and appropriate appointments made, lab or imaging studies ordered to facilitate the care of the patient. Contact with patient’s primary care provider and staff will be required to ensure coordination of care. The Patient Care Advocate position will coordinate, assist, and implement quality improvement initiatives within Physician Enterprise. This may involve researching data, developing project plans, monitoring quality improvement activities, individual case review, serving as a resource and providing education to team members, providers, and practitioners
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.