All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: AdventHealth Tampa -3100 E FLETCHER AVE, Tampa, 33613
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
• Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
• Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
• Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
This position reports to the HIM Document Imaging Supervisor and is responsible for ensuring the collection of discharged medical records from all locations at each facilty occurs on a daily basis in a consistent manner. Responsible for the collection and processing the patient paper medical record concurrently and converting it into an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in a timely manner for the viewing of physicians, clinicians, and other designated health care employees for the treatment and care of the patient. Possesses the technical skill to assess the contents within the medial record and ascertain whether the paper document is complete in accordance with federal, state and regulatory guidelines. Monitors the Health Information Management (HIM) Document Imaging (DI) staff to ensure the timely process of record prepping, scanning, quality control, and validation within the West Florida Division Tampa region under the direction of the HIM DI Manager and HIM DI Supervisor.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Advises the HIM Supervisor of issues and problems which hinder the efficiency of the process.
• Sends daily email to distribution list of the validation completion status for all patient types.
• Trains and educates DI staff on processes for prepping, scanning, quality control (QC), validation, PowerChart validation, and importing electronic documents. Updates DI staff when new forms are implemented.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum one year of previous medical record experience in document imaging.
Previous experience with prepping, scanning, quality control and validation in an acute care hospital setting with an Electronic Medical
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.