JOB SUMMARY: The CT Technologist performs Computed Tomography procedures in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures to ensure the best possible patient care services are delivered.
1.Performs all computed Tomography procedures according to established department protocolsa.Perform appropriate volume of procedures according to patient loadb.Ensures that the correct patient information, technical settings, and appropriate slice thickness are entered prior to scanningc.Prepare and administers oral and intravenous contrast media according to established guidelines d.Performs venipuncture when needed using sterile techniquee.Completes appropriate patient documentationf.Displays working knowledge of cross-sectional anatomyg.Processes, records, and archives images for evaluation, interpretation, and maintenance purposesh.Completes filming of all cases in a timely fashion according to radiologists' requirementsi.Completes processes to send image data to PACS
2.Performs all tasks associated with the proper execution of a CT examination in accordance with the established department and hospital policies and proceduresa.Accepts assignments from supervisor in positive manner; recognizes and performs duties that need to be accomplished although not routineb.Restock and maintains assigned work area/equipment in an orderly fashion and ensures that emergency kit is accurately supplied and datedc.Performs necessary cleaning of room and equipmentd.Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, beds and radiographic imaging tablese.Uses appropriate restraint devices as needed
3.Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposesa.Completes patient exam in RISb.Review's materials and exam charges, edits/corrects as necessaryc.Review's patient exam information in WIZ, edits as necessary4.Performs visual maintenance checks on all equipment used and reports all malfunctions to appropriate personnela.Perform quality assurance proceduresb.Provides clear concise information regarding mechanical problems and service needsc.Records all equipment downtimes in department log and notifies appropriate personnel according to department procedures5.Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self-according to prescribed safety standardsa.Wears and maintains dosimeter badge in a proper fashionb.Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance to radiation safety practices
6.Communicate with hospital staff and physicians in the performance of CT Scan procedures to exchange pertinent patient informationa.Assists in scheduling of routine and emergency examsb.Handles calls with courtesy and efficiencyc.Communicates identified patient related problems using the appropriate chain of command7.Participates in on-call coverage as needed to ensure 24 hour a day coveragea.Displays flexibility, volunteers to work odd shifts as workload demands8.Demonstrates competency in performing all procedures, age range from neonatal to geriatrica.Demonstrates capability of explaining procedures to patient, considers patient's comfort during procedure, understands emotional response when procedure is completedb.Demonstrates respect for patient's right to privacy, all matters handled in confidential mannerc.Abides by professional code of ethics
9.Assists to identify patient and family learning needs and provides pertinent information regarding the procedure that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient and significant othera.Provides verbal education regarding procedure performed that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient/significant other10.Completes all documentation forms as required by departmenta.Completes incident forms and risk management forms in timely mannerb.Completes patient education forms and discharge forms in a timely manner
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.