Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Are you interested in working for an organization passionate about love and excellence?
ChristianaCare is a nonprofit health system with a mission of service. We believe that the key to providing truly excellent health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare, is looking for a Full-Time Cardiac Sonographer who will utilize our core values of Love & Excellence to provide the highest level of care to our patients.
To perform diagnostic echocardiograms in adherence to the American Society of Echo Cardiography and to assist physicians in the diagnosis of cardiac disease.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs 2D, M-Mode, CW, PW, and Color Flow Doppler echocardiograms.
- Performs stress echocardiograms.
- Performs IV starts for Dobutamine stress testing.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide quality and quantitative echocardiograms for adult and geriatric populations.
- Accurately present completed echocardiograms to physicians.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize normal and abnormal echocardiograms.
- Demonstrates knowledge in operation of Ascend porting.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all aspects of non-invasive procedures and equipment.
- Rotates to all Cardiac Diagnostic Centers at the manager's discretion.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to a supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree.
- Certification from ARDMS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, RDCS) or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (Registered Cardiovascular Technologist, RCVT), or a new graduate of an accredited ultrasound program who meets registry eligibility.
- CPR certification
- IV experience with saline contrast.
- Experience in stress echo, dobutamine stress echo and adult echo
Christiana Care offers:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off