Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Assistant Director, Special Events to join our team in Wilmington, DE!
The Assistant Director, Special Events effectively manages fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events to enhance the visibility of Nemours Children's Health and promote a positive institutional image among a variety of constituents, including donors, prospects, and other community stakeholders. The Assistant Director reports directly to the Assistant Vice President, Special Events and works collaboratively with colleagues in Institutional Advancement and across the Enterprise. The ideal candidate will have a passion for event and donor management.
- Provides support to the Assistant Vice President, Special Events, to implement strategic events and programs
- Oversight of the Community Events program. Cultivate and maintain relationships with community partners and assist in their efforts to raise funds for Nemours
- Responsible for planning and managing donor and prospect recognition receptions and dinners
- Provides support to the Associate Director of Special events by managing logistics for 5K walks and runs
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of event planning including but not limited to contracting with vendors to provide goods and services, parking, security, site selection, booking event space, solicitating catering bids, arranging food and beverage, arranging audio/visual equipment, ensuring decor, ordering guest gifts
- Coordinates the development, organization, and distribution of event communications; invitation design, creation, and communication strategy/distribution; speaker remarks. Prepares program materials, briefing materials, preps speakers and other essentials to ensure staff and constituents are prepared
- Completes all event follow-up and acknowledgements; evaluates events and suggest changes as needed
- Develops, manages, and maintains budgets, deposit requests and post event invoicing and final expense reconciliation
- Represents Nemours as a professional associate at all times in attitude, dress, and interaction
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Special Events
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of related experience required (5+ years preferred)