All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Cover Variable Shifts
Location: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
- Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
- Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
- Beautiful agriculture and farmland
- Sebring is known for motorsports and home to the famous Sebring International Raceway
- Nature and hiking trails
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of the Lead Radiation Therapist, the Radiation Therapist applies ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. He/She has the responsibility for the efficient and safe operation of the department with special emphasis on the delivery of the prescribed radiation treatment. The therapist should understand the mechanics of specific diseases and treatment planning, and be involved in verification of these factors. He/She will be given the opportunity to do a rotation in simulation to then assume the responsibility for a safe and efficient patient simulation. Will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care/needs of an assigned group of patients. Must maintain the treatment machine QA and report any malfunctions or discrepancies in output to the Department Physicist. Responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs moving QA on the treatment unit.
· Able to assess that equipment is operating according to physics policy.
· Calls appropriate person immediately after equipment malfunctions, clears faults on the unit that have been approved by physics.
· Reviews all new starts by checking the blocks, simulation printout, dose and calculation sheet; checks prescription for field verification; uses digital camera to verify patient positioning and field orientation;
· Checks EMR for prescription and treatment parameters, doses, wedges, and monitor units.
· Proficient at identifying the treatment volume so that it duplicates the simulation film and treatment plan.
· Reproduces patient set up within 2mm on a daily basis.
· Personally reviews and makes changes requested by the Radiation Oncologist within 24 hours.
· Notifies Manager of any potential errors (i.e.; incorrect wedge, gantry angle, blocks, etc.).
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· ARRT (T) (Required)
· Florida licensed as Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) or Registered Radiation Therapist (RRT) (Required)
· BLS (Required)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an approved program in Radiation Therapy.
· Registry eligible or currently registered by the ARRT as a Radiation Therapist (T)
· Florida Licensed as Registered Radiation Therapist (RRT) or Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)