Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We're taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
It's an exciting time for our Laboratory Medicine Department as many of our teams have recently moved into our new state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street. Our new Laboratory Medicine Building maximizes operational efficiency, allowing our Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results more quickly and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
The Clinical Microbiology Lab is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist / Microbiologist to join their team. We have invested in cutting edge technology in this lab and have a strong focus upon molecular sequencing.
- Perform technical duties related to the work of the clinical microbiology service: bacteriology, mycobacteriology, and molecular microbiology
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files,
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the Laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform routine and advanced equipment maintenance
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the Laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area
- Participate in the laboratory inventory program that provides adequate inventories of reagents and supplies
- Create and help maintain an environment that emphasizes safety following New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- A NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical laboratory
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
- ASCP certification preferred
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week
- Evening shift
- Weekend and holiday rotation coverage as scheduled
- Schedules can be changed based on lab and applicant needs.
Learn more about our Benefits!Pay Range: $40.98-$63.39
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.