All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days 3 12's
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
• AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
• The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for provision/supervision of respiratory clinical care responsibilities to age specific groups. Respiratory Care processes include assessing, planning, implementing, delivering, and evaluating the treatment, care, and patient needs to achieve goals. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Assesses and makes appropriate decisions and interventions according to patient evaluation / needs. Sets patient goals, assisting in the development of a plan of care along with the multidisciplinary team. Evaluates / interpret diagnostic data including but not limited to lab results and monitoring data. Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Satisfactorily completes department orientation, airway management certification (campus specific), critical care training program, Infant/ Pediatric Emergency training program (campus specific) and is proficient at all applicable procedures defined below.
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines. Performs airway maintenance including proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubation, assists with bronchoscopy, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, manages patients with laryngectomy. Provides procedural respiratory support. May perform endotracheal intubation, under direct supervision, or after completion of documented competency.
- Through use of protocols/prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team, determines proper therapy delivery device/ frequency, making appropriate changes/ recommendations to plan of care. Delivers inhaled medications, bronchial hygiene therapy, lung expansion therapy and manages patients receiving inhaled gasses.
- Provides respiratory care to patients on invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilators. Initiates, operates, transports, and liberates conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure/ prescriber care plan. Reviews chest radiology reports as necessary. Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors heliox. Prones/ ambulates ventilated patients.
- Properly performs hemodynamic procedures to include arterial cannulation using sterile technique, assembly, calibration; assisting with pulmonary artery catheter insertion, calibration; performs cardiac output and hemodynamic/ cardiopulmonary profiles. Maintains hemodynamic lines (campus specific).