All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist 2 performs sterile radiographic (IR) procedures and administers contrast agents at a technical level. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes. Provides safe care and processing of patients ranging in age from newborn to geriatric. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Assists physician with sterile procedures, anticipates their needs and utilizes knowledge of all necessary equipment and supplies. Ensures aseptic techniques are observed. Removes sheaths and holds arterial pressure until hemostasis. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. Confirms proper exam/patient before releasing images to PACS. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Utilizes proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors. Ensures study has correct patient demographics and RT/LT annotation when post processing. [Image Quality and Documentation]
· Assists healthcare team. Handles various job tasks simultaneously. Works to improve productivity by maintaining IR Suite ready status by preparing the Suite and equipment for the next procedure. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Inputs procedural charges into the computer system. [Data Processing]
· Applies appropriate use of PPE: follows the OSHA/Florida Hospital Infection Control policies for handling blood or body substances, waste disposal for biohazardous and non-biohazardous waste and keeps a safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner. Properly wears Dosimeter badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. [Safety and Environment of Care]
· Performs a full range of IR procedures. Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Willing to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of co-workers and students. Addresses patient needs, questions and anxieties. [Clinical Competence]
· Participates in quality improvement initiatives while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
· Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. [Department Meeting Attendance]
· Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· One year of Interventional Radiology training/experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Radiology or healthcare-related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida State License – General Radiographer
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (R)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.