Location: McCall, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in BEAUTIFUL MCCALL, IDAHO is seeking a FLEX/PRN Medical Lab Scientist to join our stat/critical hospital lab team. The McCall lab has blood bank, chemistry, hematology, phlebotomy and other lab departments. Scientists in this position are generalists.
Position SummaryThe Medical Lab Scientist is responsible for performing routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of diseases. Handles moderately complex issues and problems and possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A general degree of creativity and latitude is required. May act as a mentor/trainer to junior members of team.
- Tests specimens in an accurate, organized and prioritized manner following laboratory procedures and policies to ensure quality and time guidelines in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Collects a variety of specimens as required by specific section needs, with skill and sensitivity to needs of the patient.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Performs instrument maintenance according to section procedures.
- May provide mentorship & training to others.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Follows department policy maintaining all necessary records and documentation.
- Ensures input is accurate and complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in a NAACLS-accredited Medical or Clinical Laboratory Science program
- Two (2) years' experience preferred
- Must be certified or eligible to sit for any of the following ASCP/AMT certification exam(s) within one year of employment:
- Blood Banking (ASCP_BB)
- Chemistry (ASCP_C)
- Cytogenetics (CYGT)
- Hematology (ASCP_H)
- Microbiology (ASCP_M)
- Molecular Biology (ASCP_MB)
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP_MLS)
- Medical Technologist (ASCP_MT or AMT_MT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.