Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-018317
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Rye Brook, NY
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (Flexible)
Compensation: $40.00 - $43.00 (Based on experience)
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
Be responsible for performing moderate and high complexity clinical sample testing within the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory. Performs daily laboratory testing and analyzes, reviews, and reports test results. Maintains proficiency on a wide variety of molecular methods and technologies. Assists in training of personnel and competency assessments.
- Performs high complexity clinical assays according to written SOPs
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include quality control, quality assurance, and safety
- Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- General laboratory operations: keeping a neat work area, attending meetings, and complying with laboratory procedures and safety practices
- Analyzes reviews, and reports test and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated
- Enters and verifies data within the clinical LIMS system
- Maintain analytical instruments, schedules authorized routine service, and maintains instrument documentation
- Performs, enters, and maintains Quality Control assessments and data
- General laboratory housekeeping, including the regular cleaning of sinks, counters, and equipment as appropriate
- Creates and validates in-house control material and reagents
- Trains and assesses personnel competency
- Completes other duties as assigned by lab management
- Monitors laboratory data systems, conducts statistical metric analysis
- Makes recommendations for process improvement to management
- Completes proficiency testing online entries as assigned
- Monitors laboratory systems as assigned
- Performs and documents reagent Quality Control verification
- File documentation associated with daily production runs
- Provides technical feedback to the Lab Supervisor regarding workflow issues
- Make copies of relative forms used for production and validation
- Documents laboratory inventory for assigned work areas
- Perform other laboratory duties as required and assigned
All you need is:
- Licensed (or eligible for licensure) as required in the State of New York
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science AND three years of pertinent laboratory experience
- OR an M.S. degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science AND one year of pertinent laboratory experience
Bonus points if you've got:
- One year laboratory training or experience or both in a clinical laboratory performing high complexity testing in a CLIA setting. Experience in NGS testing, preferably using ThermoFisher platforms
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.