Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Per Diem Rad Tech to join our team in Wilmington, DE.
- The Radiologic Technologist will perform x-ray procedures including fluoroscopic procedures under the direction of a physician with established methods and procedures, is responsible for patient care, proper operation of all general diagnostic equipment. The radiologic technologist should report to the Radiology Manager who reports up to the Administrative Director.
- Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of Nemours
- Responsible for Patient/caregiver interactions and provides accurate preparation instructions to patient/caregiver with the ability to answer pertinent procedural questions.
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging protocols, radiation safety and a working knowledge of all radiology equipment.
- Responsible for patient identification, proper identification of all images, PACS interaction and documentation. Operates hospital computer system for patient data entry and retrieval.
- Responsible for the preparation, administration and documentation of contrast media per departmental protocols under the direct supervision of a radiologist/physician. Observes patient for allergic reaction after administration of contrast.
- Responsible for screening of patients to be imaged for contraindications that may be hazardous to their health or to the safety of others.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, acts as a team member. Ability to work independently and engage in critical thinking to improve the quality of care.
- Aids in the training of new personnel, students and physicians.
- Ensures proper function of equipment by proper usage and maintenance. Reports unsafe conditions and incidents.
- Regular attendance is required and this position is considered essential for purposes of staffing during severe weather emergencies and other natural disasters.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, must have reliable transportation and must be able to work on an on-call basis.
- Good communication skills are required. In addition to accepting feedback, asking questions and active communication with counterparts and all departments.
ARRT registered or registry eligible- obtained within 1st year of employment
State License eligible in NJ and DE
CPR certification required or obtained within first 90 days of hire