Respiratory Therapist Full Time Nights
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Facility Address 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, FL 32174
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $15,000 sign on bonus and $5,000 relocation bonus potential.
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- No State Income Tax
- Applicable experience required.
- Full time employment required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Daytona Beach is famous for NASCAR, Bike Week, and its 23 miles of hard-packed white sand, but there is a lot more to the area than that.
- There is a vibrant arts community and seven quality colleges and universities, including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- The most preferred hospital in Volusia County since 2010
- Named one of the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics ™
- Low cost of living combined with a high quality of life on the sunny shores of the Atlantic Ocean
The role you’ll contribute:
The respiratory therapist provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal (if applicable to facility) pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs, and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms