Location: Mt Kisco, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: XRAYT004769
Position Overview: The X-Ray Technologist I is responsible for performing the primary diagnostic examination to either diagnose or decide the optimal procedure that will best help the patient. This also includes creating a tranquil environment, so patients will be able to adhere to examination instructions.
* Identify anatomical orientation on all required images and assures proper file identification on all images
* Demonstrate competency performing all computerized tomography procedures and the operation of all related equipment
* Greet patients, obtain history, and enters information in computer system
* Perform x-rays at the optimal quality
* Demonstrate patient care; make sure to protect patient as best as possible from excessive radiation
* Observe patient vital signs during examination
* Provide coverage as needed (i.e. in the event of call outs or extended patient schedules).
* Provide instruction/mentoring to new hires.
* Maintain CPR certification
* Perform procedures in compliance with Standards of Care, facility and regulatory requirements, and ARRT Standards of Ethics
* Maintain quality standards as it relates to HIPPA regulations
* Demonstrate a positive patient experience; share information with patients, providing knowledge about the procedure; ensuring they are aware of follow-up steps and requirements
* Demonstrate a positive experience from the referring providers; providing excellent quality
* Consistently submit images of diagnostic quality without recommendation of additional image acquisition; performs quality assurance on images and equipment; demonstrates competency in utilizing systems
* Make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately contemplating various available courses of action
* Contribute to efficient out-patient Operations, maximizing the productivity of assigned modality
* Utilize sterile techniques preventing contamination
* Review each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examinations to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of patients following the procedure
* Demonstrate teamwork; interacts in a positive manner with employees and contributes to a collaborative work environment
* Meet or exceed deadlines, follows through, demonstrating accountability, flexibility and adaptability
* Enhance professional growth and maintain certifications, registration and active CME's through education programs, conferences, and workshops
* Maintain the cleanliness of examination rooms.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine preferred.
* ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist) certified.
* One to four years of experience in as general radiologic technologist preferred.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to communicate with patients, visitors, and employees within the organization.
* Ability to adequately use, or learn to use, the department's computerized system and its associated devices.
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds and place them in appropriate positions for
operation of equipment.
* Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review developed films.
Core customers and key relationships
* Patients Families and Friends
* Physicians and Other Medical Staff
* External Medical Partners
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or NYC Residents Only: The pay range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63 per hour. The pay range for Connecticut / Nevada/NYC residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your base compensation, Optum Medical Care, P.C. offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Optum Medical Care, P.C. you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability