Location: McCall, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in McCall, Idaho is seeking a Full-time Certified Surgical Tech (Day Shift) to join our Surgical Services Team team.
*Sign-on bonus and Relocation Inventive available!
Schedule: The position will work 5 (8) hour shifts with varied start and end times based on staffing needs. There is a requirement for call on occasion - normally not more than 2-3 weeks out of the year.
Position SummaryThe Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for identifying and securing instrumentation and equipment needed for invasive procedures and demonstrating proficient use and implementation of the same.
- Performs pre-operative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists surgeon and designated assistants in invasive procedures, passing instruments and supplies and anticipating the needs of the surgical team.
- During the surgical procedure provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and microbiology.
- Applies knowledge related to emergency situations and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- May develop, organize and deliver continuing education topics and/or training (in-services).
- May assist in precept of students and new staff.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Certificate or Degree from a Surgical Technology Program
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) OR Tech in Surgery - Certified (CST-NCCT) by National Center Competency Testing (NCCT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About McCall, Idaho
McCall is a scenic mountain town located in central Idaho, just two hours north of Boise. This small town of fewer than 3,000 year-round residents provides all the best in mountain living with fresh air, breathtaking vistas, and recreation opportunities right out your front door. Originally a logging community, McCall is now known for its Winter Carnival, extended winters and one of the highest average snowfalls in the state. It's a great place to live and work, and St. Luke's is proud to be part of this close-knit, friendly community.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.