Location: West Harrison, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We're taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our innovative clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on outstanding patient care. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists and clinicians to deliver the highest quality and most accurate patient results rapidly. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, supervisors, and laboratory managers. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise At MSK Westchester Laboratory, we pride ourselves in having a close-knit, highly capable team of laboratory professionals, and we hope you can join us! We are currently seeking an experienced Clinical Laboratory Technologist II
to join our Westchester Laboratory
. You Are:
- An experienced Clinical Lab Technologist who is a self-starter and enjoys working independently.
- Perform automated and manual testing, QA/QC, and other related functions in the clinical laboratory.
- Understand and maintain regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Administration and MSK laboratory management to ensure that the laboratory is meeting the needs of the Center.
- Actively participate in QC, QA, Safety and performance improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required
- LT1: 0-2 year of relevent experience as a Generalist
- LT2: 2+ years relevant experience as a Generalist
- LT3: 6+ years of relevant experience as a Generalist (or minimum 4 years experience + relevant Master Degree)
- Strong Hematology/Chemistry experience preferred
- New York State Clinical Laboratory License required
- ASCP certification preferred
- Keywords: Laboratory Technologist, Laboratory Scientist, Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Lab Technologist, Medical Technologist, CLS, CLT, MLS, MLT, ASCP
Learn more about our Benefits!
- Monday - Friday, 11 AM - 7 PM, rotating Saturdays
Pay Range: $40.98-$63.39
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
***$5,000 sign-on bonus | Open to new employees only
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.