Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Admin / Clerical
At the direction of the Imaging Services Director, or designee, the Coordinator, Radiology Financial Services works collaboratively with the Director, Asst. Vice President of Ancillary Services, Radiologist and Chiefs/Leads as a member of the management team to facilitate the integration, management and data needs of Radiology services. In addition, the incumbent oversees the charge description master, clinical appeals and billing compliance for all imaging service modalities, interventional radiology and cardiac catheterization and provides administrative support and training as needed.Job
- Collects, collates and maintains data for Imaging Services and Cardiac Cath Departments.
- Organizes, arranges, reports and follows up on monthly/yearly departmental statistics, performance improvement, radiation safety and quality assurance projects and meetings. Goes above and beyond to contact employees and/or meeting members to ensure projects are reported in a timely fashion.
- Analyzes daily reports and makes corrections of duplicate registrations.
- Reviews previous day's accounts and adds appropriate diagnosis codes to ensure timely billing.
- Monitors patient accounts to ensure preregistration process is complete prior to arrival.
- Review of denial management folder and appropriate follow up to appeal claims.
- Runs history inquiry reports for IR and CCL. Track, code and drop all charges for procedures, supplies and pharmacy.
- Chargemaster maintenance for all modalities.
- Collaborates with Clinic and Hospital administrative and secretarial staff to assure smooth, productive interactions between these groups and Radiology.
- Organizes and coordinates meetings and provides administrative assistance as needed.
- Provides coverage for the Clerical Staff in the absence of the Radiology Systems Coordinator.
- Submits weekly payroll in the absence of IS Coordinator and/or Chief of Imaging Services.
- Generates and monitors the annual and introductory evaluation process.
- Covers various clerical positions in the event of a shortage.
- Maintains and reports staff health evaluations and licensing is up to date.
- Acts as departmental liaison with other departments to include Finance, Registration. IT etc.
- Provides documentation necessary to submit clinical appeals.
- Analyzes patient accounts/records and verify accuracy of all charges.
- Works with business office, registration and denial management to investigate and correct any billing issues.
- Manages the departmental billing systems, coding regulations, financial reporting, insurance and registration process. Maintains a thorough knowledge of these areas and integrates that knowledge appropriately into daily operations. Attends classes/seminars related to current position. Gives useful suggestions/ideas for process improvement and then implements them.
- Maintains an on-going evaluation of the clinic price file (CPT) for all areas of the Imaging Services and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Recommends new and revised CPT code and Clinic fees to the Department Director. Assists in pricing development for new procedures with accurate ICD-9 and CPT and revenue codes for billing.
- Reviews monthly Medicare News Updates, Yearly coding edits/changes and any other payer-related documents and coordinates adjustments to Charge- master(s) accordingly.
- Provides non-clinical information to the Director of Radiology Services for integration into Annual Reports.
- Two years experience in related field including computer skills and data management, clerical experience, and with demonstrated ability to supervise personnel.
- Management experience preferred.
- High School Graduate, Associate degree in Business (or training equivalent to two years college which includes accounting, data processing and general clerical skills, medical billing and coding) preferred.
- Able to read and write English.
- Information Systems training preferred.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic principles of computer operation/ information systems, supervisory skills, Radiology diagnosis coding, Insurance billing.
- Ability to work under pressure, initiative to work independently, demonstrates effective communication and organizational skills.
- Meets all requirements established by Employee Health.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.